Tuesday 16 August 2011

Budding young artist

I'm so exited! This is my first post on my new blog (well ok, I never really had an old blog so...). As I'm not really sure what one is supposed to write on a blog I will start of by telling you, whoever you may be, a bit about me and this blog. (By the way, what is with the word blog? It's quite strange isn't it? It's one of those really fun words to just say over and over again. Go ahead, just try saying blog loads of times in a row, 'tis quite satisfying.)

So anyway, I am a 14 year old girl and would describe myself as "a budding young artist". The only qualifications I have to support this statement are: I got a level 8 in my year 9 art results (for those of you who don't really understand levels, level 6 is average for year 9s, level 7 is above average and I got a level 8!) and my mummy thinks I'm good at art, so ok, I don't have any real qualifications, but I'm only 14, gimme a break!

This blog is hopefully going to be a way to exhibit my artwork for people to see. Here are a few pieces of my artwork to start with;



 The first picture is one i made to enter into a radio times royal wedding cover competition. I didn't win, but hey, that's life, and I have learnt from my mistakes. It is mostly paper cuttings except for the leaves which are printed out tiny stamps.

The second picture is one i made for my friend who wanted things to hang on her wall. The face has been covered because i know the friend in question would hate for it to be shown online. It is mostly drawing with some elements of collage.

The third picture is one i just did because I felt like it. This picture was inspired by the shape of a  paint chipping on my bathroom wall, it might seem strange but I can make faces and objects out of nearly anything. Actually when I was younger i got really scared of a pile of clothes because I made out a scary face in the folds of the fabric. I didn't get much sleep that night, I'll tell you that.

So hopefully that has convinced you of my artistic talent. If it hasn't then stay tuned anyway and maybe someday I'll post something which will. I end this post in true 'QI' style and leave you with this thought: when you make an account on google there is a section for gender, the options are female, male and... other. Who would constitute as other? Just something to think about.











No comments:

Post a Comment